Power Electronic Development Engineer
|Job Type:||Graduate Internship|
|Job Title:||Power Electronic Development Engineer|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Duration:||12 months to permanent|
|Location:||Hethel, East of England|
This Company is the dream for many high speed vehicle fanatics! If the words 'gearboxes' and 'power control systems' sound exciting to you, this Placement will be your dream come true!
The Company is developing bespoke power electronic and control systems for the Electric Vehicle sector, including motorsport applications. Working as part of a small team and reporting to the Director and Senior Control systems engineer, tasks will include:
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Work on development of a new inverter drive for a 4WD Electric Supercar motor
- Provide control solutions using Matlab, Simulink or C++ and Labview
- Carry out rig tests before solutions can be applied to the real vehicle
- Carry out further tests / analysis as required and set by the Senior control systems engineer
- Hours of work, 40 per week
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- A Masters or Degree in Electronic Engineering.
- Strong understanding of power electronics.
- Knowledge / experience in Power electronic design & control techniques.
- Knowledge / experience of motor control techniques.
- Knowledge / experience in Permanent Magnet Motor Design.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Eager to learn and develop new skills.
- Hard working and dedicated.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Any previous practical knowledge would be very useful.
- An interest in the automotive industry.
- Understanding / interest in hybrid and electric vehicles.
- The Company produces state of the art cost effective solution systems for industries such as the Motor Industry (think grand prix), the rail network and even the military.
- They can customize their engineering products to the clients needs..
- East of England.
- £24,000 per annum.
NB: This remuneration package is not negotiable under ANY circumstances. Any attempt by the applicant to re-negotiate the remuneration will result in immediate and permanent withdrawal of our services.
Print this page | New Job Search | Email to a Friend