|Job Type:||Graduate Internship|
|Job Title:||Marine Biologist|
|Company Description:||Fish Disease Diagnostic Software|
|Remuneration:||£35,000 to 40,000 annum|
Our client is looking for a Marine Biologist with specific knowledge in breeding scallops. If you are a technical and scientific graduate with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, not forgetting research and analytical skills. THIS JOB IS FOR YOU!
To ensure success, Marine Biologists should have meticulous attention to detail and demonstrate a keen interest in understanding and improving the marine environment and its ecosystem more specific in Scallops. Top candidates will have instinctive problem-solving skills and display confidence in practical assignments.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Planning and undertaking laboratory-based experiments and research;
· Collect and analyse samples, and develop new theories based on this research;
· Engage in coring techniques, geographic information systems (GIS), visual recording and sampling in order to determine the health of the marine environment;
· Preserve specimens and samples of known and unknown species and diseases;
· Prepare detailed reports for agencies, funders, commercial organizations, government organizations;
· Coordinate and track assignments, scopes, schedules, budgets and deliverables
· Lecture on policy, planning and management of marine activities;
· Keeping up to date with scientific and research developments;
· Recording, analysing and interpreting data from biological or physical processes;
· Using tracking technology to study particular organisms;
· Ensuring that data is recorded accurately;
· Using problem-solving skills to develop solutions to research challenges;
· Using computer databases and software to analyse and manage data;
· Excellent level of spoken and written English;
· Degree in Marine Biology, Marine Science or similar;
· Passionate and knowledgeable about the marine world
· Ideally up to 3 years experience in breeding scallops;
· Ability to plan and execute experimental protocols;
· Excellent knowledge of microscopes, electronic equipment, dissection, collection and preservation of biological and chemical samples;
· A methodical and Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills;
· Willingness to keep up to date with current marine information and research;
· Patience and determination;
· Numerical ability;
· Meticulous attention to detail;
· The ability to draw conclusions from findings.
· Good understanding of Microsoft Office;
· Practical experience in scuba diving, boat handling and first aid;
· Fantastic teamwork skills;
· Creativity and flexibility;
Our client is an expert in fish disease diagnosis Software. This Company developed an APP that can help either professionals or just fish lovers to identify many fish diseases and their symptoms.
· £35,000 to £40,000 per year.
If you are an undergraduate, check out our undergraduate opportunities here: http://bit.ly/PlacementUK-opportunities
NB: This remuneration package is not negotiable under ANY circumstances. Any attempt by the applicant to re-negotiate the remuneration will result in immediate and permanent withdrawal of our services.
Print this page | New Job Search | Email to a Friend