PR Account Executive with engineering background
|REF:||SJT 3 GP|
|Job Type:||Graduate Internship|
|Job Title:||PR Account Executive with engineering background|
|Company Description:||PR Agency|
|Remuneration:||£18,500 up to 23,500 annum|
Our client gives a fantastic opportunity to a graduate with an engineering degree to join its vibrant and growing team as an account executive.
The position would suit someone with a technical mind-set and background, who are looking to work in an engineering and scientific communications role and who would like to expand his or her horizons by working in a role with a business, marketing and public relations focus.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Liaising daily with clients and the media, often via telephone and email.
· Relationship building and networking with key stakeholders.
· Monitoring media for rapid response opportunities for clients and clippings.
· Preparing regular client reports and attending client and journalist meetings.
· Researching, writing and distributing press releases, opinion articles, case studies, letters, white papers and so on to targeted media.
· Promoting news stories and features to the media, known as ‘selling in’.
· Collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage.
· Attending and promoting client events to the media.
· Assisting with the production of client publications, such as email newsletters, blogs and in-house magazines.
· Undertaking research for new business proposals and presenting to potential new clients.
· Placing and devising colour separations, competitions and advertorials for clients.
· Assisting with the promotion, via blogging, PR, email marketing and SEO.
· Providing SEO, social media and online marketing services for clients.
· Excellent level of spoken and written English.
· The ability to write compelling copy.
· The ability to grasp technical arguments quickly, using your engineering background to recognise disruptive and innovative technologies and turn them into media friendly content.
· The ability to form a rapport with client and journalists, face to face, over the phone and online.
· Strong time management and communication with the ability to excel in a fast paced and pressurised environment.
· Good understanding of Microsoft Office
· Permanent Position
Our client is a technical PR agency that provides the tactics and techniques to drive sales and lead opinion to the engineering technology, and B2B sectors.
· West Midlands.
· These include a Surface Pro 4 tablet, flexitime
· £200 grant to spend on non-work-related training of your choice and a personalised benefits package that allows you to get the things you really want as a reward for excellence.
· Your starting salary will be £18,500 per year, rising to £23,500 per year after the completion of your first six objectives.
· There is also an annual bonus, based on individual and company performance, equivalent to an extra month’s salary.
If you are an undergraduate, check out our undergraduate opportunities here: http://bit.ly/PlacementUK-opportunities
NB: This remuneration package is not negotiable under ANY circumstances. Any attempt by the applicant to re-negotiate the remuneration will result in immediate and permanent withdrawal of our services.
Print this page | New Job Search | Email to a Friend