As part of their on-going growth, the company is seeking a Mobile App Research & Development Software Engineer to complement their team and focus on the continued development, maintenance and improvement of their advanced home automation and building automation apps for iOS and Android. The apps allow for control of comfort, audio and visual, lighting garage doors, access control and video door entry amongst others.
The company are continually developing new apps and web services software for IoT and Smart Building solutions, which will form part of your future opportunity and career growth plan. The successful candidate should be passionate about software for mobile platforms and Web Services technologies.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Maintenance, support & extension of existing iOS and Android Apps.
· Development of new apps and components for new product ranges.
· Develop and test server-side connections & controls incorporating XML and SSL communications.
· Be involved in the continual development & expansion of the main areas of their business.
· Excellent level of spoken and written English.
· Mobile Development and debugging expertise.
· Working experience with Java for a reasonable time.
· Demonstrate specific skills in the following technologies:
· Android Studio and associated tools such as Eclipse.
· Java, including older versions used in embedded environments.
· Xcode development for iOS.
· Swift iOS App development for future apps.
· TCP/IP and UDP/IP networking including the deployment and use of RESTful
Sockets, HTML5, SSL and Certificate based security techniques.
· Good understanding of Microsoft Office.
· Sound experience of designing solutions.
· Knowledge about how to avoid & manage pitfalls.
· Firm grasp about MVC & OO project structure.
Summary of Company Activities:
· The company is a manufacturer of advanced OEM, off-the-shelf hardware, and software products for building systems integration, control, and monitoring. They deliver these products into the hands of engineers to help them create the best possible solutions around the world in their own projects.
Details of Location:
· Based in Lancashire.
Remuneration & Perk details:
· The successful candidate will receive a salary of £ 22,000 per annum for the first 6 months. The salary will be reviewed after 6 months by a minimum of £ 5,000 per annum. After 12 months it will rise to £ 28,000 with ongoing increases based on results.
· Company pension contribution.
· 20 days paid holiday + bank holidays.
· Equipment, office environment, tools, training and books will be provided to help you succeed.
NB: This remuneration package is not negotiable under ANY circumstances. Any attempt by the applicant to re-negotiate the remuneration will result in immediate and permanent withdrawal of our services.